- This year's festive jigsaw puzzle is a little different in that its a small planet scene. The image was taken at Dreamers, which offers a great Christmas scene to help immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the season. The location description says,Bundle up the little ones for a family trip full of winter activities, an […]
- As many Windows 7 users will know, Microsoft will be discontinuing support in January, leaving them with a choice of using an increasingly vulnerable PC/laptop or paying through the nose for Windows 10. What is not widely known however, is that it is still possible to get Windows 10 for free, if you're willing to […]
- There are many different styles that can be applied to 3D text, and its appearance can vary widely depending on the font used, as well as any further effects that have been added. However, all such text is created in fundementally the same way, particularly when using Gimp. The old way was to create a […]
- Its always been my experience that raw snapshots taken in Second Life are not as focused as they could be. They tend to be slightly undefined. Taking snapshots with the Black Dragon viewer makes a difference, but can be very impactful on PC resources. Whichever viewer you use, knowing how to sharpen a Second Life […]
- One of the Second Life features that can really make an image stand out is the Environment settings. A technique I often use is to adjust the haze sliders so the sky and land or sea blend together, thereby avoiding the harsh horizon line that is sometimes too evident in Second Life pictures.The haze effect […]
At SL-Inspiration we try to look at things differently and cover the topics other SL blogs don’t. We focus mostly on graphics, photography, marketing and blogging, although other topics arise as they grab our interest. Although many of the tutorials here are aimed at Second Life they can often be applied in the real world.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.