- Its always been my experience that raw snapshots taken in Second Life are not as focused as they could be. They tend to be slightly undefined. Taking snapshots with the Black Dragon viewer makes a difference, but can be very impactful on PC resources. Whichever viewer you use, knowing how to sharpen a Second Life […]
- One of the Second Life features that can really make an image stand out is the Environment settings. A technique I often use is to adjust the haze sliders so the sky and land or sea blend together, thereby avoiding the harsh horizon line that is sometimes too evident in Second Life pictures.The haze effect […]
- In this tutorial we’ll show how to create a tiled texture or pattern in Inkscape, using a fleur de lis design surrounded by an ornate border. Since creating the fleur de lis is really a subject in its own right, and would needlessly increase the length of this tutorial, we won’t go into how to […]
- In this blog we’ve previously covered a number of methods to remove the background from an image. The difference with this method is, whilst it works very well with images with a plain background, it can also be used to remove a complicated background scene, leaving just the foreground subject – which is what we’ll […]
- In recent tutorials we covered how to create desktop wallpapers from Second Life images, so the next step forward is screen savers. In this tutorial we’ll be focusing on panoramic images that scroll seamlessly and continuously across the screen when your PC is idle, using a lightweight and free programme called WPanorama.Creating a Panoramic Image […]
At SL-Inspiration we try to look at things differently and cover the topics other SL blogs don’t. We focus mostly on graphics, photography, marketing and blogging, although other topics arise as they grab our interest. Although many of the tutorials here are aimed at Second Life they can often be applied in the real world.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.